"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, May 1, 2011

DOLLYWOOD

Dollywood came in to a close 2nd place as my favorite thing we did as a family on our trip. Riding the sky lift up the mountain and standing on top and seeing such beauty with my boys was my absolute favorite.

Andrews favorite was Dollywood.

I was beyond excited to go there with my boys. I have been to Dollywood before, but going and taking my precious little boy was like the first time I had ever been. Justin had never gone either....and it ended up being one of our most fun days, ever.

When we first got there it was a little bit chilly. So we stopped and let Andrew pick out a sweatshirt...if I would have known how cold I would have gotten after a ride we went on, I would have gotten one for myself as well. eek.

Before we get started with that day....let me show you what I woke up to that morning before we left the hotel.
My little boy got me a yellow rose, "just because". Ohhh I love my baby!


charmer. pure charmer!



whoo hoo!





After we checked out our map and had a bite to eat, we headed over to one of my favorite things to do when I was a kid. Andrew saw what it was, and his face lit up....he could not wait to drive the old timey cars!!!!!



Andrew drove me. He was more interested in blowing the horn he slammed us into the track a few times.

Justin was behind us. Andrew and I were laughing so hard at how big he looked in that little car.

see!? hahahahah.


Our next stop was the river rampage. I was nervous about Andrew...I just didn't know if he'd be scared at all and boy did he show me real quick how brave he is!


As soon as we got on this ride I looked at Justin and said "I hope you get DRENCHED!"



Well guess what happened? ANDREW AND I GOT DRENCHED! yeah, I guess all that smack talk I was giving him back fired....and Andrew and I got soaked the worst.


Good thing they have HUGE dryers now.


It dried us off pretty good. And about that time it warmed up a lot!



One of my favorite things about the day, were the people. Of all the places I have lived or been, there are just no people like those in Tennessee. So kind, country, welcoming...and they make you feel like you've been their friend your whole life even if you just met.
It was like walking around talking to hundreds of grandparents! They reminded Justin and I of my grandparents...and his grandmothers. Those sweet precious older people you could just sit in a rocking chair with on a front porch and talk for hours. Mmmm...makes me smile just thinking about it.

We were headed over for the train ride. Its name is the  Klondike Katie. A 110-ton coal-fired steam train built in 1943 that still roams the tracks through the foothills of the Smoky Mountains.



We headed on to the train. We loved it! It was so neat to hear so much history and relax and enjoy the gorgeous ride :)





and then we wanted to have some carnival fun!

My baby love anymos :)

Of course they saw a statue of a pickle and freaked out. Ugh. boys! (btw, I just noticed they are holding hands. how stinkin' precious are they!!)

Andrew was in icee heaven! He had never seen so many different flavors. He had to have a giant icee with all the flavors mixed together. It actually tasted pretty good!


Tea Cups were first! Andrew doesn't get motion sickness on rides, and Justin does....so I went to ride one of my babys favorite rides with him :)



Dumbo! Andrew LOVED Dumbo....what kid doesn't!? I rode in front of them and tried to snap some pics while driving the elephant at the same time...



This ride is one of Andrews favorites at our Wilson Co. Fair. he laughs so hard the whole time.


The scrambler is my favorite! You cant help but laugh during the whole ride :)



Andrew, of course, was carried pretty much the whole time we were there. Spoiled!

Justin and I wanted to ride the Tennessee Tornado, but Andrew isn't big enough (yet) so Justin went and rode it while Andrew and I watched. He said it was pretty insane!


I don't have a photo, but Andrew and Justin went onto a "big boy" roller coaster inside of a building. Andrew was barely tall enough. As they walked in, I heard a lady saying there were 2 really steep drops and its dark in there. I was a nervous wreck that Andrew would come out crying. NOPE! Justin said the first drop made Andrew a little nervous, but then he immediately threw his little hands into the air and LOVED the coaster! They both came walking out smiling and laughing. That's my boys!


Next the did the River Battle. I knew they were gonna get drenched so I stood and took photos. It was hilarious! This for sure was one of Andrews favorites too.


They came out ....soaking wet! Literally dripping from head to toe!






We love Dollywood!



So proud of our little boy for being so brave and having such a fun time!

We walked around the entire park twice looking for a funnel cake! The boys were wanting one....realllllly bad.

the photographer...was our Andrew :)



Well. We all three recommend Dollywood to everyone. We had a blast! The people, the rides, the shows, the food....all amazing!

We were soooo exhausted when we left. We were there from the time it opened until around 5pm. It was a long day in Dollywood! :)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...