"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Grad caps, Donezo!

I sat down yesterday and started to put together graduation caps....for Andrews whole class. At first I was dreading it, because I just do not like thinking about my baby boy being big enough to graduate Kindergarten...and the more I got into it, the more happy I became thinking about what an amazing year it has been. I wouldn't change a thing, it was perfect! It was very special to me to get to put together all of them, because ALL of those precious kids mean the world to me. Every single time they see me they all squeeze and love on me.

I took the box of caps to Mrs. Birds class this morning. And this afternoon I got a text from Mrs. Bird saying, "Hey, can you come show the Kindergarten teachers how to make the tassells you made...they are all jealous and want theirs like that too!"

I felt awesome. I mean, I just made them out of yarn...and I did the best I could. I guess they thought they were great! :)



My precious, amazing husband picked up the bright orange and blue yarn for me from Jo Anns.
(Orange & Blue = Byars Dowdy Lions!)

And my hubs picked this up for me. (he seriously is the best). I'm putting a graduation photo of Andrew in it...and having everyone at school, his graduation party, and family sign it for him :) Precious keepsake!

This is Andrews fathers day gift to the one, and only Big Daddy. A tie with Andrews graduation photo all over it. :)


tomorrow I'll go show the teachers how to make the cute tassells. Lets just hope the kiddos don't tug and destroy them! ha.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...