"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." Elizabeth Stone

Monday, May 16, 2011

Spirit in the Sky

It's so hard to write this post.

Ms. McGuire passed away last night. A teacher that touched countless lives and was more than a teacher, a best friend and second mom.

I had her for 3 years in high school. My husband had her, my husbands brother had her, my sister in law had her, my brother had her, all of my friends had her....and so on. To sum it up, if you did not have Ms McGuire on your schedule, you went to her and did everything you could to get into her classes.

She was the music teacher. And I cant imagine Christmas and Spring concerts ever being what they were like when she was in charge. She believed in everyone, for anything that made them stand out. She took care of everyone, never turning her back from listening and helping you get through any situation. Breakups, fights, bad grades, life....she was there, and she helped you fix it.

She taught us all our Alma Mater, and she stood with us singing The Irish Blessing on our graduation day.

She loved it when Justin and I dated in high school. And when she found out we were dating again she would write notes on our photos on facebook and after we got married she was so sweet and encouraging of our future.

All the things running through my mind that makes me sad, what makes me sad the most is that she has grandbabies that will grow up without her. I know how much I love my grandparents and I hurt for them that they wont have her.

Ms. McGuire fought lung cancer for a long time. Sunday May 16th 2011 her pain stopped and she left this world for another we can all only hope we make it to.

This is a small town, and as of this week...its a sad town.

The pain will eventually stop and the tears will stop, but our memories will be with us forever.

After I got the news last night all I wanted to do was cry. But I couldnt. Andrew was laying beside me and the last thing I want him to know about, is death. I made it to his class this morning, kissed him goodbye and walked out into the hall to feel tears streaming down my face.

This week and next week, I knew were already going to be emotional with everything going on....but now I just cant even think straight.

I do know Heaven is just that much more amazing having her.

1 comment:

the workaholic momma said...

What a beautiful post - sounds like she was an amazing woman. May you find comfort in knowing you have a VERY special angel watching over you^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...