Its crazy to think back to playing with dolls and babies as a little girl, which was only a part in preparing me for the real "Mommy hood" down the road....my first job being in a nursery at our local gym(Sports Village)...babysitting my little cousin, Ashley, from the time she was a baby until she was able to stay by herself. I love looking back at just of the few things that semi prepared me for the real deal of being such a lucky mommy!
My little boy makes me feel like I'm on top of the world, on cloud nine, over the moon......you get my drift here?
I can never get enough of him. For example, he knows if he gives me one anymo(kiss)...he will actually end up giving me 20. He knows when I hug him, to not make plans for the next 5 minutes because it takes a while to let go. I am very thankful he is affectionate like I am....or he'd be giving me the "Ohh mom, I cant hug and kiss you in public" speech. Yikes for that day to ever come!
When I think back to my life, before Andrew, I wonder who I was. It is very hard to imagine my life not being a mom. It was like I was reborn into a whole new, better person the day he was born. I am learning more and more about life, myself, and him every single day. I know I will never "perfect" being a mom, but I for sure will strive for the best every single day.
If someone asked me, whats the most important thing you'd want Andrew to know from you every single day, it would be how much I love him...and I'd give my life for him.
There is hands down, no greater love, gift, accomplishment, joy, and fulfillment than being Andrews mommy. I hope I always make him proud, because I know he will always make me the most proud mom in the world.
I look forward to a guh-zillion more Mothers Day as Andrews "number one girl", and my future babies. I always say that its amazing how God knows our thoughts and thanks...even aside from the ones we pray, which means God gets a quadruple amount of "thank yous" from me a day over picking me to be Andrews mom.
Hands down one of my favorite Bible verses:
PSALM 127:3
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
I hope all of you moms had a wonderful mothers day. Cherish every single moment because we know we are not promised tomorrow!
Well. We actually had a "Mothers Day weekend" at the Forrester house, but I'll just blog about the actual day for now.
Sunday we got up for church, and actually went to church where Justin grew up...Peep and Pops church. It was awesome to be there with my boys, Pop, Peep, Nana Forrest, and Uncle Big. The sermon was awesome, and I love being reminded how precious moms are to God. And being reminded of that makes me want to be an even better mom than I already am!
Have I ever mention I'm the luckiest mom in the world?
After church we all headed downtown Nashville to The Gulch for lunch. Urban Flatts is where we ate. It-was-amazing! I highly recommend that place :)
All my love.
After lunch, the three of us headed to the Tennessee Renaissance Festival. None of use had ever been, and since it was Mothers Day, and because I love history...I got to choose our fun afternoon!
I am still not really sure what I think about it. It was fun, for sure, and very interesting....but it was just nothing like I have ever been to or seen in my life. The people were quite the characters to say the least :)
You like our guide? Justin might have felt intimidated, I love a man in sleeveless shirts. (syyyyke!)
I was kinda wondering why he didn't put Andrew in front, and then after the ride I realized he probably wouldn't have been able to have kids in the future. Owwwwch!
I tried to convince Justin to let me have a camel at our house. He said no. Boo.
these next photos crack me up. Mostly because Andrew told them his name is "Ben". we have a few videos,but I'll have to upload those later.
Andrew did awesome at the Dragon Joust! They had to ride the horse down and at the same time get the sword to fit through the tiny circle...and he did it!! yay yay yay (and the crowd goes wild, ahhhh!)
this is where he gets "knighted" and Andrew tells everyone his name is Ben.
This is when Queen Elizabeth came out.
These people didn't smile much.....they needed a good dentist.
Andrew loved playing the games :)
Love his ears?
Fairy's :)
he made lots of new friends!
Love my boys, and so thankful for them making my day so special!
Orange float and chocolate dipped cheesecake!
On our way home we stopped to eat at the restaurant Aunt Jenna works at. We were so exhausted.
Andrew could not wait to give me my mothers day present. Not gonna lie, I was hoping it would be something sentimental...just because I am a mom, of course those are my favorite things.
It was a book, one of those recordable Hallmark books. It is so precious, I have listened to it over and over and over again. Its different from the ones we have done before, this one Justin asked Andrew questions...and Andrew answers. Here are some of them...
The book is called: Mom & Me (conversations to keep recordable book)
Q- "What does Mom tell you when you're scared or having a bad day?
Andrew- "She says that I'll protect you, and I love you."
Q- "If you and Mom found a genie in a magic lamp, what three wishes would you make?"
Andrew- "To stay in TN forever"...."we could go to crazy clydes slides"..."we could play golf"
Q- "What do you think Mom does whne you're not around?"
Andrew- "She...umm...gets upset, and misses me."
Q- "If you and Mom made the world's grossest pizza, what would you put on it?"
Andrew-"Pickles, Poop, Buttholes, and cheese."
Q-"What do you like to do with Mom, and why?"
Andrew- "I like to color for her, love on her, give her kisses, and I love to hug her and sleep with her."
Q-"What does Mom do to show you she loves you?"
Andrew- "She hugs me and kisses me."
I love that book. It is just perfect.
Andrew showing me my book :)
Mama's boy :)
Andrew made me a few things at school for Mothers Day. The first is a letter. Let me share:'My mom is the most wonderful mom in the world. Her name is Jaime. She's pretty as a daisy. She is 25 years old. She has blue eyes and yellowish-blonde hair. She weighs 8 pounds and is 10 feet tall. Her favorite food is jambalaya. In the good old days when she was little, she use to play Barbies. I think mom is funny when she makes her silly faces. I wouldn't trade my mom for Noelle. I love my mom because she's beautiful.
Happy Mothers Day Mom!'
This made me cry!(of course.) I love that he made me 2 years younger, super skinny, and taller than I'll ever really be. I think he really does see me as "Super Mom", and I'm ok with that :)
He also made me a book in class, and the entire class put together a recipe book. I will have to save the recipe book for a post for itself :)
And as much as I loved having my "special" day, it really was just like any other day. It's nice to have a specific day for moms, but the best part of being a mom is I get to soak up the greatest role, and love in the entire world every single day of my life.
See, even on Mothers Day...I wouldn't rather be doing anything else than my every day mom things :)
And we cuddle up and sleep, just like we always do.
These are the most precious moments. Mom moments :)
Love my baby so much, and so thankful God chose me to be his mom!







2 comments:
Looks like you had an awesome Mother's Day with your little boy!
AAWWW - what a sweet post. Looks like you had a wonderful and adventurous mother's day!! I love your dress - its adorable!
Post a Comment